Call 511, Visit FL511.com, Download the 511 Mobile App or Follow 511 on Twitter
TALLAHASSEE – As thousands of running enthusiasts jog throughout Florida during one of the state’s most popular months to host marathons, the Florida Department of Transportation encourages drivers to use its 511 Traveler Information System to navigate special event traffic.
The 511 system provides up-to-date traffic information – crashes, congestion, construction and more – on all of Florida’s interstates, most toll roads, and other major metropolitan roadways including I-95, I-75, I-4 and Florida’s Turnpike.
Some of the largest marathons held in the state and the nation during the month of January include:
- Jan. 9-11 — Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
- Jan. 18 — 17th Annual Key West Half Marathon and 5K
- Jan. 25 — Miami Marathon and Half Marathon
There are four convenient ways for all motorists to receive traffic updates:
- Call 511 toll free for updates in English and Spanish.
- Visit FL511.com for interactive roadway maps showing traffic congestion and crashes, travel times and traffic camera views.
- Download the free Florida 511 mobile app available on Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Follow one of the statewide, regional or roadway-specific Twitter feeds (#FL511).
Additional Information from Florida 511
511 is available in both English and Spanish by calling 511 or visiting FL511.com. FDOT reminds all travelers to check 511 before traveling, have a passenger check 511 or pull over to avoid distracted driving.
- Call 511 before driving, at a rest area or have a passenger call to avoid talking while driving.
- Customize your trip at FL511.com before leaving to minimize time spent on the phone.
- Always wear a safety belt.
- Don’t drink and drive.
Florida 511 Features
- Traffic information on all interstate highways, toll roads and many other metropolitan roadways.
- Commuter travel times and reports on crashes, congestion and construction.
- Public transit, airport and seaport information.
- AMBER, Silver and LEO Alerts (America’s Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response (AMBER) Alerts notify the public of the most serious child-abduction cases. Silver Alerts notify the public when law enforcement agencies are searching for missing adults or citizens with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Alerts notify the public when law enforcement officers are searching for an offender(s) who has seriously injured or killed a law enforcement officer.)
- Travel information, traffic camera views and free personalized services, including customized travel routes and email, text and phone call alerts, available on FL511.com.
- Voice-activated and touch-tone navigation available when calling 511.
- The 511 phone call and FL511.com website are available in English and Spanish.
Consistent, Predictable, Repeatable